71% of British adults say that they buy wine for themselves of others in a supermarket or off licence.
But what is the first decision they make?
1,395 British adult drinkers were asked by YouGov which one of the following factors they choose first :
- Special offers or money off
- RSP – retail selling price
- Grape variety
- Total budget for meal, party, event
- Brand, including own label
- Country of origin
WDR V5 analyses all the responses, splitting out the decision making at the 1st, 2nd and 3rd levels, creating purchasing “decision trees”.
There are some very interesting results when these decisions are detailed by gender/age group and by drinker type.
- How do red wine drinkers decide which wine to buy?
- How is this different for white wine drinkers?
- What about drinkers who mostly drink lager or bitter/ale?